4 – 6 June I Olympia I London, UK
Infosecurity Europe is the region’s number one information security event featuring Europe’s largest and most comprehensive conference programme and over 400 exhibitors showcasing the most relevant information security solutions and products to 19,500+ information security professionals.
SureCloud will be returning to Infosecurity’s annual event at Olympia in London on the 4th-6th of June 2019. Visit us at our stand, where we will be demoing our new UI and latest solutions.
Come and chat to our expert cybersecurity team about our leading Pentest-as-a-Service to see how can we can help reinvent the way your organization manages risk.
Our Senior Cybersecurity Consultant, Elliott Thompson, will be presenting on “The Inside Story Behing VTech Storio Max Vulnerability” at Infosec’s Geek Street on Tuesday June 4th at 1pm. Elliott will be discussing a critical disclosure discovered on the children’s VTech Storio Max tablet, which allowed attackers full access to the device. Elliott found a vulnerable service enabled on the tablet that could be exploited by a script placed on the website, triggered when Storio Max users visited the page. The code granted attackers full root control over the targeted device, including access to the webcam, speakers and microphone. The disclosure was reported to VTech, and a patch fixing the vulnerability was released within 30 days. The vulnerability was granted a CVE, and the story was featured on the BBC.
- Gain a better understanding on how to approach unusual devices from a methodology standpoint
- Identify how manufacturers can break a secure base (Android phone with Vtech software)
- Triaging of the custom parts of devices
- Learn how accessible ARM assembly can be
- See a live demonstration showing the impact of proof on concept and how writing an exploit code made the manufacturer resolve the issue quickly. Elliot comments: “It’s always better to show than merely tell.”
Find out more about the event here.
Look out for more details to follow in due course.