Thursday 25th June 2020 I 4PM UK Time
SureCloud’s Director of Cybersecurity, Luke Potter joined Cyber-Duck on an expert webinar panel to discuss The Future of Drupal.
Currently, more than 700,000 websites are still using Drupal 7. However, from November 2021, Drupal 7 and 8 will no longer get updates, bug fixes or security patches. Released in June 2020, Drupal 9 will become the standard platform all organisations must use – but how can you get there?
Luke joined experts from Acquia, Cyber-Duck and The Drupal Association as they talked about the future of Drupal. Discover how, when and why your business should upgrade to Drupal 9.
The webinar discussed:
- How Drupal 9 compares to other leading CMS.
- The consequences of Drupal 7 & 8 being withdrawn; which versions you need to upgrade to; and why security is so important.
- The benefits of upgrading for developers and content authors; what tools are out there to help; what content considerations there are.
- How you can incorporate personalisation into Drupal.
- How the authoring experience will change; what considerations there are with regards to the frontend, UX/UI and accessibility.
- Best practice for the hosting environment and security.