Thursday 25th June 2020 I 4PM UK Time
SureCloud’s Director of Cybersecurity, Luke Potter joined Cyber-Duck on an expert webinar panel to discuss The Future of Drupal.
Currently, more than 700,000 websites are still using Drupal 7. However, from November 2021, Drupal 7 and 8 will no longer get updates, bug fixes or security patches. Released in June 2020, Drupal 9 will become the standard platform all organisations must use – but how can you get there?
Luke joined experts from Acquia, Cyber-Duck and The Drupal Association as they talked about the future of Drupal. Discover how, when and why your business should upgrade to Drupal 9.
The webinar discussed:
- How Drupal 9 compares to other leading CMS.
- The consequences of Drupal 7 & 8 being withdrawn; which versions you need to upgrade to; and why security is so important.
- The benefits of upgrading for developers and content authors; what tools are out there to help; what content considerations there are.
- How you can incorporate personalisation into Drupal.
- How the authoring experience will change; what considerations there are with regards to the frontend, UX/UI and accessibility.
- Best practice for the hosting environment and security.
Watch Luke’s talk here
Luke is an industry leader in the Cybersecurity sector and currently heads up the Cybersecurity division at SureCloud, with responsibility for our Global Penetration Testing team. With over 15 years of practical experience in IT and with a specialism in Penetration Testing, Luke works with our enterprise clients across all sectors globally. Luke is a CHECK Team Leader, Tigerscheme Senior Security Tester, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor and Microsoft Certified Enterprise Administrator. Previously, Luke managed the IT team at a large UK insurance brokerage.