Data transfers under the EU GDPR: Do you need to comply?
March 15, 2017
An Exclusive SureCloud Ondemand Webcast
Many organizations transfer personal data across borders to both EU and non-EU recipients. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) imposes strict rules about how such data should be transferred and applies to many unsuspecting non-EU organizations.
Join Tim Hickman, GDPR Expert at White & Case LLP, and Richard Hibbert, SureCloud CEO, to get the legal perspective on personal data transfers under the GDPR, and practical guidance on how this issue affects your business.
In this webinar we will:
- Explain what constitutes a data transfer (you may be surprised)
- Identify the different types of data transfer (e.g. internal transfers within a corporate group; external transfers to service providers) and examine the implications for businesses
- Examine the pros and cons of each data transfer mechanism (example consent, adequacy, Model Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules)
- Provide hints and tips on how organizations can prepare for data transfers under the EU GDPR
- Discuss how SureCloud GDPR Suite can help you achieve compliance with data transfer regulations